Intellectual Property (“IP”): are those materials and content available or found on the ILC Sites (such as PDF files) access and use of which are subject to specific authorized use restrictions as outlined in the "Authorized Use" section below. Expressly excluded from this definition of "IP" are the layout and design of the Site or any logos, graphics, sounds or images contained herein ("ILC Site’s IP"). The IP and ILC Site’s IP are protected by law, but the ILC Sites’ IP may not be reproduced or distributed without the express authorization of TVO. For greater clarity, all content on the ILC Sites, including but not limited to official marks and trademarks, is property of TVO or its content suppliers and is protected by Canadian and international intellectual property laws.
Service: refers to all ILC services made available to eligible Users.
Account: refers to the account that will be set up for each User to enable him or her to access the Service. Each User will be prompted to select and remember a password and a user name in order to activate the Account. Users are entirely responsible for all activities that occur through use of their Accounts. Accounts are not transferable, and passwords and usernames should be kept confidential. Any information retained by the User in the Account may be accessed at any time by the User by logging into the Account with a confidential username and password.
TVO may access the Account to confirm or review student work and/or grades. TVO will not otherwise access the information in the Account unless directed to by law or court order.
Use of Site and Service
The ILC Sites are offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your access and use of the ILC Sites constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
TVO authorizes users to view, print and copy IP on this Site provided they are used solely for informational, personal, non-commercial purposes of the User only and provided also that any copies or excerpts of IP are reproduced with the same copyright and/or proprietary notices as appear on the original. Modifying the IP in any way is expressly prohibited.
Unauthorized Use and Suspension/Termination of Account or Use
TVO may block, suspend, disable or terminate an Account and terminate and prevent further access and use rights to the ILC Sites and Services if:
- Any commentary of the User, including passwords or user names, contain language deemed by TVO to be profane, defamatory, obscene, lewd, indecent, sexually-explicit, lascivious, violent, threatening, harassing, abusive or hateful, or is otherwise inappropriate and objectionable; or
- Use of the ILC Sites and/or Services violates local, provincial or national laws.
Submissions, Comments and Feedback
All questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, concepts, techniques, data, materials or information furnished by Users (“User Generated Content” or “UGC”) is deemed non-confidential and shall not give rise to any obligation on the part of TVO. TVO may reproduce, perform, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from, and/or distribute any UGC and may use any ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques contained in or derived from such UGC for any purpose whatsoever, which may include but is not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that incorporate such ideas, concepts, know-how, data or techniques, and this without incurring any obligation toward the user providing such UGC.
Linking to the ILC Sites and Pages
Linking to the ILC Sites and pages is allowed on condition that the linking websites do not:
- Replicate content contained in the ILC Sites;
- Create a frame or border environment or browser around content contained in the ILC Sites, particularly in any way that would suggest that the ILC content is part of the linking website;
- Contain false or misleading information regarding TVO's products or services, misrepresent its relationship with TVO, or imply that TVO endorses or sponsors the linker or the linker's products or services;
- Use TVO's logos, trade-marks or trade names and other intellectual property belonging to TVO without prior written permission from TVO;
- Contain content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, or inappropriate for any ages; and
- Contain material that would violate any laws.
Use of Online Posts and Social Media
The ILC Sites may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, blogs, news groups, forums, communities, social media platforms and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable a user to communicate with the public at large or with a group or to other users who have become registered members of the Site (collectively, " Online Posts and Social Media"). Each User hereby agrees to use the Online Posts and Social Media only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Online Posts and Social Media. By way of example only, and not as a limitation, each user agrees that when using Online Posts and Social Media, he or she will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Online Posts and Social Media
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Online Posts and Social Media
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; and
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
TVO has no obligation to monitor the Online Posts and Social Media. However, TVO reserves the right to review all content posted to Online Posts and Social Media and to remove any content in its sole discretion. TVO reserves the right to terminate any User's access to any or all of the Online Posts and Social Media at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
TVO reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in TVO's sole discretion.
The ILC Sites may be unavailable at certain times to allow for maintenance and upgrades. Although TVO will endeavour to notify customers in advance of any such unavailability, this cannot be guaranteed and TVO reserves the right to alter or withdraw the ILC Sits and/or Services at any time.
The ILC Sites are provided “as is,” with all faults, and TVO makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to the ILC Sites or the content contained on the ILC Sites. Additionally, nothing contained on the ILC Sites shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall TVO nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the ILC Sites, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and TVO, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of the ILC Sites.